Thursday, August 28, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
I am an amalgamation of many things but the one crucial thing is this city. Even though I was born in coimbatore, I ve always lived and loved this city. We are currently writing a blog tag on one thing I'd like to change in this city as part of the Madras Day celebrations in Chennai Bloggers Club. But here is a list of the things I like about my city (with or without those changes), in no particular order:
- I met my best friends and the love of my life here.
- Right from education to marriage to work, I ve never had to travel to any other place in search of any of these things.
- I can get to the beach (right from ennore till mahabalipuram) anytime I wanted. (yes it may sound cliched but I know how proud I am when we take our cousins from coimbatore, who have no beach! we've fooled people saying the beach is closed on sundays and such...)
- There is no dearth for places to go for a day trip. Waterfalls (Tada and Conai), Birds Sanctuary (Vedanthangal), Hills (Pallavaram), Lakes (Chembarampakkam, Pulicat, Poondi and numerous nameless one near Chengalpet. Setha College?! (National Museum) and Uyir college?! - National Park (Guindy), Zoological Park and amusement parks, you name it and we have it.
- Many complain about Chennai 's weather being hot, hotter or hottest. But I know of friends who've emigrated from Chennai and settled in the Northern Hemisphere for work, and long for sunny days.
- Entertainment - yes the world famous Tamizh cinema has its birthplace here, Cinemas, stage shows and theatre is abundant.
- Fashion is different in Madras, folks dont go around looking for whats the latest, instead they sport anything thats comfortable for the chennai climate and become trendsetters!
- The originally PTC (Pallavan Transport Corp) which is now MTC, was is and will be the lifeline of this busy city. I too was transported for more than half of my life in this public transport before i switched to my bike. The people who were my co-commuters and the conductors and drivers have taught many a life's lesson.
- The Madras filter coffee cures more maladies that the medical community is unaware of!
- People relatively live in peace and harmony.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
The above picture was taken in a stationary shop near my place, when i went to buy a ball pen. This evidently is the scribling pad to check how it writes. The above lines were obviously written by a young girl was a shocker to me. While it is really sad to see such a confident person (because she has expressed that she is a thin, beautiful and good girl) to be lonely, it serves as an eye opener to all parents, especially working parents who leave their child in the care of paid help and child care centres.
Im not here to deride working parents nor say that women are essentially needed at home for the family. Im sure all the folks slog it out at office to provide better living for their family, but just giving them food, shelter, clothing and education is not going to do the magic. The next generation which mostly comprises of an only child feels lonely even in the midst of a sea of people, then is it a cause for concern. The reason can be many but ranging from no one around to share how they feel to ''im no good', so i keep to myself from being hurt. Not only children, young adults, adults and elderly, without a rhyme or reason everyone hits this spot effortlessly. The growing no.of old age homes is a true mirror of the countless lonely people. A relative of mine very well to do had holiday resorts in ooty and thriving business sent his children to the best residential school bcoz he could afford it and it was also convinient because he and his wife were tied up with work. But now after his wife passed away his three married children sent him to a an elite swanky home for the aged where u pay a sizable amount every month and where u have your own room, room service and he has his car so he drives to the church and back and yet lives ALONE.
Did God create us to be lonely? NO. He created man and women to be friends for life. Then where did this concept of loneliness creep into the society/community. When we stopped caring for each other? Maybe I not able to pin down the list but what i do know is 'What goes around comes around". So let us reach out to our children, parents and friends despite our busy schedule. We are an amalgamation of our experiences with all others. So if we are proud of who we are let us be thankful to every soul who made it possible by taking time and reaching out.
Friday, March 08, 2013
Whenever the bible passage is read in church or at home and when the word Israel features I put myself there, simply because Israel is a chosen people. And this same Israel is called stiff-necked and so am I, when I refuse to understand that God has a better way of doing things and its the best for me and to give thanks to all the goodness shown to me. So my prayer will be to turn my neck and head and ''Keep your eyes on the Lord and view everyone else through His eyes''- Terry Modica
Friday, February 22, 2013
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Please pass this sms, prayer, picture, story... within the next hour to 8, 12, eight to the power of 12 people...or more?!
Let's see if Satan can stop this!
"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." Mt 10:32 so dont be ashamed to circulate Jesus among your friends... sort of threatening after effects if you dont do it!
Now most of us have received such emails and sms s and forwarded it many times
Saint Teresa of Child Jesus's Prayer..
Mother Teresa started this novena...
The Apparition of O.L.Fatima...
and many more...
Sometimes the content is too good to resist. So i forward it by editing the above said things. Because I beleive in God and all His goodness. He is not a God of Tit for Tat... if u dont acknowledge me i will do the same.... rubbish.
The others are if you forward this something good/miracle will happen today, you will get financial help, your loved one will come back to you, blah blah... come on everyday God is working a miracle in our life. Are our eyes open to see it and give thanks (now its a post on its own). The very fact that we wake up everyday (gift of life) is a miracle! And Our God is Jehovah Jireh, He supplies our needs. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Mt 6:26 I dont need to forward this message inorder to get what i want!
This whole concept of forward and get something has a bad foundation. Its like do-it-yourself-kit/toy, where God (His grace) is left out of the equation. Christianity is not about doing something to merit his love or blessing or a place in heaven for eternity. Its a relationship based on decision to love God, His ways, His people and His creation. Forwards - do they really take u forward?
Friday, July 29, 2011
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Imitation means "That which is made or produced as a copy, that which is made to resemble something else". Ok i must confess it is featuring my lil baby, or shud i say she inspired this post.
1. She no longer wants to drink from her sipper but from a tumbler just like us.
2. She walks in from outside, removes her shoes and leaves them in the shoe rack following her dad.
3. wants to see herself in the mirror when dressed up just like her mom
4. does not want to sit in your lap instead wants to sit in her baby chair like we sit in our sofa
5. Wants to sing even though she knows no tune nor words when we sing along with the car radio
and the likes which are common in the households with toddlers, ask them they will tell stories... now again to the post, Children learn from imitating the elders at home and its perfectly normal infact part of their development. So beware all of us, whether be it parents or uncles or aunts or even neighbours , we have to be extra careful in all that we say and do for they are in the parrot mode of learning. They cant differentiate and say this is good and this bad. They dont even know what is good and bad. They are like a sponge absorbing everything they come in contact with.
Now the second beware of imitation(notice there are two exclamatory marks in the title) now all of us would have done imitation as part of our learning process but have we progressed or move to the next level? or are we even aware of it!? yeah its INNOVATION. Yes the art of doing something differently from the usual if not totally new or out of the box! If we did we would nt be bombarded with re make movies and re mixed classic songs or even scene lifting (from international movies) song lifting (hit songs from other languages) or even BGM lifting (latest Background score of YUDHAM SEI is from the movie The Village!) These include copying TRP increasing gameshows and reality shows from other channels!
Even though some are aware of this next level, for fear of venturing out in uncharted waters or being ridiculed or have the idea but do not have the required skill set or simply being lazy do not try it. On the contrast those who made it big where all innovators, so while we grow up emotionally from dependency to independency to interdependency, i hope we intectually grow from imitation to innovation and also make sure our children do the same!
The good news is its never too late to start, begin today even if its the dosa you make or the kolam you put, remember little drops of water make a mighty ocean :)
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Heyya folks its been two full years since i last wrote on this blog.... hopefully i will come with a bang this time! so the very first post will be with a change in my name. I will be hence forth called Divia in the bloggers space instead of my earlier name Trinty as i have named my little daughter the same. So now you would have guessed the reason for my sabatical. Yeah im still tied up with my baby but will find time to blog. Also presenting to you my babe Trinity Yazhini Clement. Will catch yall soon
Friday, February 13, 2009
This post is dedicated for my valentine.
* The baby smile you have
* The care you show when im ill
* The way you make up after a fight
* When you made time to be with me even though it was difficult with hectic schedules
* The times you cooked for me
* Your passion for singing
* Your gentle Kiss and bone breaking hug
* The freedom you give me
* The numerous night-outs and ice-creams
* All the time you left for office trips (when you come back, the love only grows)
* The 'n' no. of calls and sms' which say that you love me.....
All these and many more and in no particular order have made our togetherness wonderful and cherishable.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY Sweetheart