Loving Dad

This is not a post for killing time or to make a point or to vent out my feelings, on the converse to praise God for what he is to me. He is my loving dad. The following below is actually an email (which i came across while i was deleting the unwanted mails from my sent folder)that I wrote to one of my friends (edited for the post) narrating to her all the experiences I went thro… before my parents consented to get married to my beloved. As my parent’ only problem was we were both in the same choir! And the truth was we were never in terms was most part of the last decade… only recently we decided to get married. But our parents were against it, coz everyone would say probably they were going around for so long.

The email starts here…

God stands beside every decision (when you call on him) as he allows Free will...

When you are serious He too is serious... the lesson I learnt and the long wait is worth it believe me.... Its awesome at the end of the tunnel coz we went thro it ... it was very painful... may be to make us strong in our decision (to love each other) and never take this relationship for granted at any point of time not even in our sleep!... coz we ’ve gone down the drains for it... we fought our flesh and blood for this relationship and heard derogatory things from our OWN ... I was in the verge of being thrown out from my house... my bags were almost packed and thrown... We never lost hope...

Believed God willed it!

Infact so many people including priests said that it is not meant to be that’s why its not happening some even cursed us.... saying your going against Gods will and heading DOOMS day! It’s all scary to hear.... if your fighting people its ok but if you are fighting GOD?! What becomes of us... such confusion I ’ve never been thro' before in my life...

And finally this is the verse that helped me. Rom 11:32
It says that some people were made DISOBEDIENT according to his will so that they may receive his grace.. You have to read the chapter from the beginning to understand.. And I always pictured myself as Israel. Israel was his chosen people and so am I, however they tried to run away from Him, he brought back the lost sheep. This is my belief and prayer
So we are yet to start and miles to go, so… keep praying for us....

All because we want to sing to each other all our life!

Comments

Ashika said…
Sometimes I ask him, "what did I do to deserve you? Why do you love me so much?" Its just too much you know, the way he just gathers us in his arms and pours his love into our hearts, ask me, I would know! And your friend..she must have been much inspired by your email :D!!
I hope u and Jollyroger sing to each other in tenors and altos and seconds and sonatas!! And may u have a kutti choir of your own!! hehehe!!! God bless u both!!
Divia said…
by the way im a soperano and he is a base i cant sing altos and neither can he tenors... in fact if he goes on singing he might loose his voice : ( !

but he refuses to stop singing! his vocal chords are weak but he is invincible in this issue and kutti choir will take some time...
Gayatri Bhadran said…
wow.. i wish i had a super love story like that to blog about.. :)

i wish you both all the very best in life.. God bless you.. :)

in reply to your comments on my blog, 300 is an amazing movie.. you MUST watch it.. :) and i'm doing my final year B.sc Electronic Media in MOP vaishnav..
Anonymous said…
you in the choir? thats sweet!
and me a split tenor.. will add some posts about my gospel band...and jolly rogers is ur man?.. wow i have found the third couple through blogworld..

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Day, Everyday! Anybody game?

Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart

Is our relationship with people or things?