Imitation means "That which is made or produced as a copy, that which is made to resemble something else". Ok i must confess it is featuring my lil baby, or shud i say she inspired this post.
1. She no longer wants to drink from her sipper but from a tumbler just like us.
2. She walks in from outside, removes her shoes and leaves them in the shoe rack following her dad.
3. wants to see herself in the mirror when dressed up just like her mom
4. does not want to sit in your lap instead wants to sit in her baby chair like we sit in our sofa
5. Wants to sing even though she knows no tune nor words when we sing along with the car radio
and the likes which are common in the households with toddlers, ask them they will tell stories... now again to the post, Children learn from imitating the elders at home and its perfectly normal infact part of their development. So beware all of us, whether be it parents or uncles or aunts or even neighbours , we have to be extra careful in all that we say and do for they are in the parrot mode of learning. They cant differentiate and say this is good and this bad. They dont even know what is good and bad. They are like a sponge absorbing everything they come in contact with.
Now the second beware of imitation(notice there are two exclamatory marks in the title) now all of us would have done imitation as part of our learning process but have we progressed or move to the next level? or are we even aware of it!? yeah its INNOVATION. Yes the art of doing something differently from the usual if not totally new or out of the box! If we did we would nt be bombarded with re make movies and re mixed classic songs or even scene lifting (from international movies) song lifting (hit songs from other languages) or even BGM lifting (latest Background score of YUDHAM SEI is from the movie The Village!) These include copying TRP increasing gameshows and reality shows from other channels!
Even though some are aware of this next level, for fear of venturing out in uncharted waters or being ridiculed or have the idea but do not have the required skill set or simply being lazy do not try it. On the contrast those who made it big where all innovators, so while we grow up emotionally from dependency to independency to interdependency, i hope we intectually grow from imitation to innovation and also make sure our children do the same!
The good news is its never too late to start, begin today even if its the dosa you make or the kolam you put, remember little drops of water make a mighty ocean :)
867. Three life lessons from Kaipulla - Vadivelu (Kaipulla) in the film Winner gives us a life lesson. Kaipulla is the working President of "CarefreeYouth Association". His main enemy in the fi...
6 days ago